Now that back to school is upon you, I want to tell you about a great reference book called Homework Helpers- Essays & Term Papers by Michelle McLean that can help you write the perfect paper. Let me tell you a little about the book.
The newest addition to our best-selling Homework Helpers series is a fun, user-friendly guide that takes the confusion out of writing essays and papers for students of all ages. Unlike other books that are so full of technical jargon they confuse more than help, Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers uses straightforward language and simple steps to guide students through the essay-writing process.
Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers
- Describes in detailed "plain English" each element and step involved in writing a dozen different types of essays.
- Includes a rough, edited, and final draft sample of each type of essay discussed.
- Explains the necessity of proofreading and citing sources, providing tips and instruction on how to accomplish these tasks
- Presents step-by-step instructions on how to write a great SAT essay.
- Discusses what students can expect when they reach college-level courses.
I have always dreaded writing papers and I have searched the Internet for information to assist me. I have read the APA guidelines and found them quite confusing at times. The book is written in plain English and included many sample essays from the rough draft to the finished draft. The information presented in the book was concise, easy to read and clearly explained all of the steps involved in writing the perfect paper. If you are planning to take the SAT/ACT this year, the book helps you prepare for the dreaded essay. I referred to the book before taking my SAT in June and my score increased from the first time I took the exam. The author described all of the different types of essays and papers from grade school classes to college level classes. Even the most experienced writer may need a little help at times so the the book is a great resource for everyone. Check out my review of another book in the series Chemistry Helpers . It helped me ace the NY State Chemistry Regents.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of the book for my honest review and I was not compensated for my review.