Do you have a stack of important papers on your desk that have been there for months? Now that spring is coming, it is time to get rid of your important papers that are not needed. Don't just throw the papers out so anyone can get your information. Shred it with a Cross-Cut Shredder like the Fellowes P-12C. You do not want identity theft to happen to you? Get yourself a shredder.
Features Of the P-12C
The P-12C has a suggested price of $89.99 and is available at Target store nationwide.
Spring Cleaning Tips to Protect from Identity Theft
The Identity Theft Resource Center recommends their Top 5 Tips for spring cleaning the home office:
1. Begin with the Basics: Sort through the piles of paperwork on your desk and in your office drawers. Place them into two categories: ‘save’ and ‘shred.’
2. Proper Storage: Organize the "save" pile into labeled folders and be sure to put anything confidential into a fire-proof lock box. The "shred" pile should be properly disposed of with a Cross-Cut shredder, such as a Fellowes P-12C.
Cross-Cut technology is an important feature for a shredder because it provides high security, destroying confidential information into unidentifiable pieces. Equally important are enhanced safety features, such as Fellowes' SafeSense technology, which shuts the machine down when hands come too close to the paper opening, which is so important if you have children.
3. Get a Digital Makeover: Refresh your home office computer by deleting files you no longer use and backing-up important data onto an external hard drive. Clean out your inbox and change all passwords. Refreshing your computer is a good practice to follow throughout the year as well.
4. Make Life Easier: Plan ahead by purchasing organizational tools for your desk, such as computer risers or file folder holders. This will help clear clutter from your desk top while keeping things within arms reach.
5. Freshen Up: Get rid of dust and germs that easily build up on office equipment such as keyboards, telephones and cabinets. You'll feel instantly more productive with a clean workspace.