The pack is very convenient, and includes a chart that makes it easy the select the right medications.
The medications included are:
- Acetaminophen (325mg)-used to treat fever, body aches,sore throat and headaches.
- Phenylephrine (5mg)- relieves Nasal and Sinus Congestion and Sinus Pressure.
- Dextromethorphan (10mg)-reduces your cough.
- Guaifenesin (200mg) - relieves chest congestion and thins and loosens mucus.
- Chlorpheniramine (2mg)- helps with runny noses,sneezing and itchy/runny eyes.
Do you spend time searching for the right medication and end up buying one that contains a medication you do not need? Then the Symptom Pak is right for you. You can purchase it at Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, Target.com and many other stores. There are even convenient refill packs that you can purchase if you run out of one of the medications in the pak. If you have any questions on the product please visit the website.
So how can you prevent a cold? Here's how-
- Wash your hands- This is very important and can prevent spread of germs and viruses.
- Carry a hand sanitizer with you.
- Keep your hands away from your face and cough into your sleeve or a tissue and not into your hands.
- Drink plenty of fluids.(Unless medically contraindicated)
- Do not use multi-symptom cold medications.
- Speak to your doctor if you have any concerns or questions.
The Symptom Pak is a convenient and great way to treat your symptoms. Each of the containers have labels that are easy to read, have dosages on the containers and have child resistant caps. If you have any arthritis you may have some difficulty with the caps. There is a handy chart that lists over 30 symptoms and recommends the correct medication to use. Luckily, I did not have to use ant of the medications provided but I know that I will be using them in the future when needed. I am an RN and I want to mention that if you have any medical conditions, it is important to talk to your doctor before taking any over the counter drugs. I have spent time in the drugstore reading all the labels and trying to figure out the best medication to use. This will make my busy life easier and I hope that it will make your life easier also.
Disclaimer: I received a free Symptom Pak from The Lane Communications Group for my honest review and I was not compensated for my review